- Hits: 12292
PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week is the week where recognition is given to PeriAnesthesia Nurses working in all domains of PeriAnesthesia nursing: PACUs, Day Surgery Units, PreAdmission, Day of Surgery, Surgicentres, Dental clinics, Plastic surgery offices, Endoscopy, Cystoscopy, Diagnostic Imaging, Labour and Delivery to name just a few.
The week for this celebration is the first FULL week of February every year with the designated "PeriAnesthesia Nurses Day" on the Wednesday of that week.
Please join your colleagues in a celebration during PeriAnesthesia Nurses week every year. Please send in your photos, stories and other celebrations during this week, and we will add them to this website, in this location. Have a Happy PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week, and congratulations to you all!
PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week 2017: Feb 6-12th
Canadian PeriAnesthesia Nurses: Care to Be the Best
PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week 2016: Feb 1-5 2016
PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week 2015: Feb 2-8 2015
PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week 2014: FEBRUARY 2-8, 2014
Send us your photos, videos or any ideas that you have/had for celebrating this week. We will publish them on this website and in our newsletter.
PERIANESTHESIA NURSES WEEK CELEBRATIONS FEBRUARY 4-8, 2013:
1. Please see the attached "PeriAnesthesia Nurses' Week Greetings from the NAPANc Executive", 2013.
2. See how the nursing staff of the University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton Alberta, PACU celebrated:
The week will end Feb. 9 with the PANA-nac symposium.More photos to follow.
See attached photo thanking one of the anesthesiologists who donated money for this fun-filled week!
PERIANESTHESIA NURSES WEEK CELEBRATIONS FEBRUARY 6-10, 2012:
Please see the attached, "PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week Greeting from the NAPANc Executive", 2012.
Please send in your celebratory stories, photos, acknowledgements of PeriAnesthesia Nurses' work, and we will post them to this website! Have a Happy PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week! Congratulations to you all!
PERIANESTHESIA NURSES WEEK CELEBRATIONS FEBRUARY 7-11, 2011:
As a group:
Performing T'ai chi!
2. "ODE TO PERIANESTHESIA NURSES": A Poem, written by Heather Kennedy, Moncton, New Brunswick.
PERIANESTHESIA NURSES WEEK CELEBRATIONS FEBRUARY 1-6, 2010:
1. Please see the attached, "President's Greetings for PeriAnesthesia Nurses Week", 2010.
2. PeriAnesthesia Nurses Poem: Submitted by Ann Hladky, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Royal Alexander Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, February 2010:
"Recovery Room Nurses are the best,
Some would even say 'a step above the rest'.
A cool hand or a kind word,
Even drugs when the pain is absurd.
Having surgery without fear is rare;
It is a relief to wake up to people who care.
This is the week that you employ
Rightful recognition that I hope you enjoy."
3. PeriAnesthesia Nurses of Eastern Health, General Hospital Site, St. John's Newfoundland: Lunch and cake were provided for these dedicated nurses by their Department of Anesthesia on Friday, February 5, 2010.
4. Richmond, BC PACU Nurses went to the Olympic Games in Vancouver, BC to watch curling competitions!!!!