Saturday, May 23, 2009:
1. Opening Keynote Speaker, Honourable Stephen Lewis: "Canadian Heroes in Healthcare": No presentation is available, but watch the 2009 Photo Gallery for photos, and the link for the video of a portion of his presentation.
2. Dr. Frances Chung, "Having Surgery? STOP and Take this test First!": Photographs have been removed due to confidentiality.
3. Dr. Peter Adamson: "The Science of Beauty": is not available due to confidential patient content.
4. Pam Bush, RN, BScN, "PACU Bottlenecks - A Shared Responsibility": (Photographs have been removed due to website specifications)
5. Closing Keynote, Janet Rush, RN, PhD, "Superheroes in Nursing": (Some photographs have been removed due to website specifications):
Sunday, May 24, 2009:
1. Opening Keynote, Mr. Tom Closson, President and CEO of the Ontario Hospital Association, "A Crystal Ball: How to Improve the Healthcare System"
2. Cathy O'Neil, RN, BScN & Jim Handyside, BSc, "Patient Safety"
3. Pam Hubley, RN, MN, NP, "Nurse Practitioner of Anesthesia: New Role and Member of the Anesthesia Care Team":
& Dr. Gerald O'Leary, "Nurse Practitioner of Anesthesia: New Role and Member of the Anesthesia Care Team":
University of Toronto Nurse Practitioner Anesthesia Advisory Committee: (L) to (R): Jiao Jiang, Dr. Gerald O'Leary, Dr. Claire Middleton, Pam Hubley, NP, Dr. Sharon Davies, Salima Ladak. Missing from the photo: Krista Kielty, Brenda Ridley.
4. Dr. Claude Laflamme: "Prevention of Perioperative Hypothermia Improves Patients' Outcome":
5. Dr. Sue Belo: "Regional Anesthesia"
6. Closing: "Women Fully Clothed" Comedy Troupe: www.womenfullyclothed.com